Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a TEAC LP R 500 and it was working fine until I

Customer Question
I have a TEAC...

I have a TEAC LP R 500 and it was working fine until I turned it on and it appears to be on but none of the functions work...any thoughts?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model is LP 500 A and is about 10 years old or less

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Happened suddenly about a week ago don't know how to troubleshoot for fear of more damage

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I love this thing but am baffled as to what to do

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, have you tried unplugging the TEAC? ...for an extended period of time? ...and then plugging it back in but into a different outlet?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.