Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

How do I turn off Roku? I press the TV button on my regular…

How do I turn...

How do I turn off Roku? I press the TV button on my regular remote and it brfing

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

A friend bought tpday

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I keep hitting the wrong key. A friend bought it today at Walmart. It is a Roku Streaming Stick. My IT friend installed it and showed me how to do it and he is the one that told me to hit the TV button on remote and to change the HDM (?) to 2 for roku and 1 for regular TV. I do get the screen, but when I press the up arrow on the regular TV it does not move.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

INo

9/25/2017
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

The roku actually doesn't ever need to turn off, and there is no power button to turn it on/off, it will automatically go into a sleep mode when it senses that the tv is off, and will come on by itself when the tv comes on. It consumes very little power and you don't need to worry about turning it on and off.

You would use the INPUT or SOURCE button on the tv remote, to go to hdmi1 for cable or hdmi2 for roku.

When you get to that roku input, you then have to switch over to using the roku remote. The tv remote is not able to control the roku.

Best regards,

That is my problem. When I go to Input, it won't change from hdmi2 to hdmi1.

You have to use the tv remote for that,

try pressing the input button repeatedly,

if that does not work, use the up/down buttons on the remote, then press ok/enter (this process will vary somewhat depending on the model of the tv).

I do not believe I should pay $26 for help on a product purchased today.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have already paid the agreed upon chat fee you signed up for on the payment page. This is not free help, regardless of the age of the product. What you are having trouble with here is not actually a roku problem, it is an issue with your tv.

OK. Thank you.

You're welcome. I'm confident that if you follow the steps I mentioned for setting the input with the vizio remote, it will work for you.

If it seems to be stuck, you can unplug power to the roku for a few minutes to reset it.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Technician
Where do I go to do a rating? I went to the top but none of them say rating.

It looks like it went through now, thanks.

Nathan, Technician