Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Roku box which has worked fine for 5 years.

Customer Question
I have a Roku...

I have a Roku box which has worked fine for 5 years. Recently I canceled my internet and wasn't streaming from Netflix, etc. Now I have internet back, works fine. I've never disconnected my Roku boxd from the TV, so why can

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

ROKU2 XD

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing, I simply had no internet and couldn't stream. NowI have internet and the roku box just blinks white.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Want to be sure my TV is on the correct source

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Whenever you get new internet the Roku needs to be "told" that there's new internet- and to stop trying to connect to the old internet. To do this, you need to perform a factory reset of the Roku b y locating the tiny pinhole "reset" button on the back of the box. First, unplug the Roku power cord, wait 10 seconds and then while pressing AND holding the tiny reset button using a paperclip- plug the power cord back into the Roku. Continue to hold the reset button for another 8 seconds and then release. The Roku letters should then appear on your screen and you will be asked to setup the Roku as if it were new. If NOT, however- then repeat the reset procedures up to three times to get it to reset. Let me know what happens once you enter the new network info.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?