Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to use Roku Express to watch Spectrum tv channels.

Customer Question
Trying to use Roku...

Trying to use Roku Express to watch Spectrum tv channels. Getting Connection time out we are sorry, something did't work quite right please try again later error code RLP-1004

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

ROKU express +

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

TWO DAYS

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Have 5 in household, three are working two stopped working at same time. Have very strong internet connection

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hello and good night.

I am sorry to hear that your ROKU Express is giving you that error when you try to watch Spectrum channels. I will try my best to assist you.

Quite a number of persons have complained about the same issue. The solution to the problem is much easier than you may imagine.

The ROKU Express has an update that needs to be installed. Until the update is installed, you will keep getting the RLP-1004 error. Here is what you need to do:

(1) Delete the Spectrum app from your ROKU channels.

(2) Go to the settings part of the ROKU Express and install the latest update.

(3) Then reinstall the Spectrum app and login again.

I hope that my answer has been helpful. If so, please select 5 stars and click Submit so that I can be paid for helping you because I do not get paid automatically. If you are unsure of how to rate my answer, please click here to see how to do it.
Thanks for using JustAnswer and have a lovely night and day when it comes.