Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Panasonic-Technics model sg-h10 combination am/fm…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic-Technics...

I have a Panasonic-Technics model sg-h10 combination am/fm srereo tuner/amplifier/double cassette deck. The front face panel is one piece and I was wanting to change a lite bulb in the am/fm unit that shows me the station i'm on. can you tell me how to get the front panel off so can replace the bulb/

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The make is a Panasonic model sg-h10 and is about 35 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have done no troubleshooting and bulb has been out for approx.20 years.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/24/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 10 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

Hi Welcome to just answer.

To get to the main compartment, please remove screws that are holding the metal wood cover together. Try to slide the metal piece forward. If it does not move, then you will need to remove the legs that also are attached to the metal through the wood with longer screws. Once the whole thing has slide out, the front will have access tot he light and thread that is used for tuning.

I cannot find the exact model of this looked similar to some of the systems I have worked on before. Please if you can send me pictures to better support you through the taking off process.

One other suggestion is, the light might be harder to find replacement but with new technology, use white led. You will have to find how much voltage the current lamp was taking and use a resistor to match your led to the voltage supplied to the bulb. See the link below

http://www.ledsupply.com/leds/5mm-led-white-15-degree-viewing-angle?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjZ77qt6-1gIVbL7tCh1ovwU8EAYYASABEgLk5fD_BwE

If you are going to use LED, Please send me information and I can further help you with calculations and parts needed to complete the modification.

It will be good to have the picture of where the led goes and what voltage will be supplied to the led from the old bulb wires.

Sorry, but I have not looked at the system since we first talked. Will get back to you when I get a chance to look at it again. Thanks.
Ok no problem