Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to access a channel and I keep getting an error…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to access a channel and I keep getting an error message.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Roku

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

At first when I tried to access the channel it told me to go to hgtv.com/roku and enter in the access code. I did that, got a message that the channel had been added, and then got an error message when I tried to watch a show on that channel.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I called Cox communications and they said to contact roku,

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/24/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 10 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

Hi welcome to just answer

I would like to know more about the problem.

Do you have the model of the Roku?

How far is your wifi Router from your roku?

Would you try to reset the system. Power off the tv, disconnect the roku cable that goes to the tv, disconnect roku power supply. Then power off your wifi router and disconnect its power adapter. Let everything sit for 5 minutes and then put everything thing back and try starting with wifi router and then roku and tv. Let me know the results.