Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I changed my internet provider and now i can not connect my…

Customer Question
I changed my internet...

I changed my internet provider and now i can not connect my roku nor the remote to the new wifi.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

I'm not sure how old. I've had it about 5 years maybe?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I haven't used it in about a year. But I have been trying to connect it for about a week.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Model# *****

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/23/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 10 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer.
First you will need to pair your remote to your roku. Open remote battery compartment and make sure batteries are correctly connected and change them if you have never done so. Next identify the remote pairing button which is yellow or orange. While roku is ok, press it for 30 seconds to link the two.
Once your roku can take commands from the remote, then go to settings and then connection to select your new wifi ssid and then enter the new wifi password.
If you would like to get more over the phone help, please send us a request.
I can not get the remote to pair. I have 2 remotes and neither will pair. to the Roku.
Ok, the please order a replacement that was designed for your system or try to get the original remote that was left behind.
You have two links above for the remote.
Each model of roku;1,2,3,stick have different remote that is designed different and would old work with a particular model only and not with all models. This was manufacturer way of preventing one discontinue one system and preventing cross reference for parts.
I hope this will help you.
If you need anything else, let me know and don't forget to rate your experience with Just answer.