Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

We have a ROKU Express and we made a donation to PBS to

access a broader channel selection...
We have a ROKU Express and we made a donation to PBS to access a broader channel selection. This was working fine until Monday when all of the shows disappeared from the menu options. We have disconnected the stick a reinstalled but that has not helped. Please advise what may be going on.
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Roku Express purchased at Best Buy in January 2017
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just started Monday for PBS. We have noticed when we go to ACORN that although the shows are there the pictures are now blank on the ICON
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
9/23/2017
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer.
If the roku was installed or was factory reset, the following need to happen.
The roku will give you a new registration code. This code will need to be used online to reactive the roku and link it to your account.
Go online to my.roku.com and log in to get to your account. Then on the bottom, link a device to your account. Here you will use the code that came on your screen to link your roku device to your account and it will load your channel selections.
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Your response did not solve our problem. But it did make us drill down in the Roku options to find system and them the restarted the system.
electronicsguy
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer