Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 12+year- old Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blue-Ray that's…

Customer Question
I have a 12+year-...

I have a 12+year- old Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blue-Ray that's been lightly-used over the years and worked fine until two weeks ago. It plays but no visual or sound, as if it's lost its ability to "see" the DVD. Any quick fix I can do for it/to it or other suggestions......or perhaps time to go shopping for a replacement?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

At least 12 years old; DMP-BD30; serial number KU7LA024598.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Pulled the plug, restarted it several times, tried different DVD's, all to no effect. I had a disc for cleanup but that was ineffective....though ineffective and is probably as old as the Blue Ray.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Joe AV, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Joe AV
Joe AV, Customer Service

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with this request. It seems you have no video or audio on the DVD player. Can you tell me if you see the DVD menu functions or other messages or is it just a black screen?