Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Sangean Pro Travel PT 50 has just turned itself off.

Customer Question
Hello, my Sangean Pro...

Hello, my Sangean Pro Travel PT 50 has just turned itself off. After not using it for awhile I replaced batteries and plugged it in to power and it worked perfectly but overnight it has shut down and I am not sure why? can you assist?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model PT 50. It's about 6 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just happened , as i said we hadn't used it for about 9 months and when I changed the batteries it still had a display both before and after the battery change. Could I have pressed the wrong buttons when resetting it to current time?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No but is there a fee from here?

Technician's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

What is the maximum that I will have to pay?

Technician's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

OK thank you. I will think about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

If you have a voltmeter available, check the power source or batteries to confirm it is good.

If it is, then the radio has an internal fault and will need to be sent for repair.

Hello, no I do not have a voltmeter? Are there any buttons that if pushed could stop it from working? Something I could do to reboot, so to speak?
This is getting excessive.I have had no real response as how many people have a voltmeter.

Hello, usually repair techs and electronics engineers will have voltmeters for testing and troubleshooting.

There are no buttons that could have been pushed to stop the radio from working.

if I pay $37 and call you I will have a radio that will fix it? How can your group guarantee 100% with a phone call?

No - you can ignore the automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the website.

The call is only if you want to discuss in detail what I have already written to you.

Pete, Engineer