Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was charging my phone using the usb on my PANASONIC AKX400…

Customer Question
I was charging my phone...
I was charging my phone using the usb on my PANASONIC AKX400 STEREO. The charger doesn't have the end bit that connects to the phone so I was using wires that are connected to the phone. I mixed up the wires that connect to my phone not realising and I connected the usb. The Panasonic akx400 then turned off and it seems as though it has blown the circuit. Can you tell me which component ie numbers on the circuit board relates to the usb. Thank you
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 day by:
9/19/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 11 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
I am sorry for the long wait. The question is looking to be of a troubleshooting nature. I am not sure if we can do a proper diagnosis online. If you have electrical measuring instruments, we can work with you to take the system apart to and troubleshoot.
The problem is within the system power supply.
It could be a defective diode, capacitor, transformer or the switching circuit.
To identify which of the above is a problem, we will need the electrical measuring instruments and your help to do simple electrical testing.
Please let me know if you would like to get started.
I would probably have to talk to you about the testing and electrical safety involved.