Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Last night I was watching a show when suddenly a message…

Last night I was...

Last night I was watching a show when suddenly a message appeared saying I wasn't connected. I tried to figure it out and get back on without success. Just now I tried again and got the same message. The networks listed aren't familiar.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Roku 2xs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Last night was the first time. I had watched an episode and was in the middle of another.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

9/17/2017
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Have you tried restarting your wireless router and also restart the Roku?

Ensure you are signed into your Roku account and your subscription is active.

https://my.roku.com/signin

I rebooted. The service is back on but the picture is much fuzzier than usual.

Have you set the picture quality to 1080p?

Does your TV support 1080p?

How do I check for 1080 setting?

You can check in the user manual, or let me know the model number and I can check for you.

Please find it for me. Sony model KDL46W4100

Yes, the Sony KDL46W4100 supports 1080p (Full HD).

In the Roku Display settings, go to the Display Type option and scroll to the 1080p option then press the OK button to select it.

Also ensure the picture format on the TV is set to 16:9

Let me know if that works?

I reset the Roku but I don't know how to find the TV setting.

Press the Menu button on your Sony remote control, then go to Wide Screen and select H Stretch.

Let me know if that improves the picture for you?

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Pete, Engineer
Pete, Engineer