Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I set my TV to the roku HDMI And all I get is a Roku word…

Customer Question
I set my TV...

I set my TV to the roku HDMI And all I get is a Roku word moving across the screen - what do I push on the roku remote to get the set up screen

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

It is a Sanyo flat screen- not a smart tv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

At on point I got a screen that said language but nothing on my remote worked to pick English - that went away annd then the roku word started moving

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Just confused

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

Where do I go from here - can't get it to work

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

I am to the let''s get started screen but the remote does not do anything from there
I think you have the wrong phone # - it is(###) ###-####
Is anyone there?

I'm not asking for your phone number, or able to call you (unless you specifically click on the call request button and agree to the additional call service and fees). Please complete the above reset process, and let me know the results.

If it doesn't work after the initial reset, complete the steps again, but this time pressing and holding the purple or black button inside the roku remote battery cover.

I do not see a purple or black button inside the remote battery cover It is on the get started screen language

Did you try the initial reset using the home button?
There is a button inside the battery cover, it may not be purple or black depending on your model, but there should still be one there.

It is inside the battery compartment.

Do not see a button inside the battery cover

Every roku has one.

Did you complete the process with the home button?

Is the home button the house at the top right of the remote

yes it is

Did it now for the 3rd time, get to the let's get started language screen every time - now what do I do

Did you put in new batteries?
You will need to look again for the button inside the battery compartment next. You will not be able to proceed without being able to press that pairing button to connect the remote to the roku.

I did all that can you show me a picture of where that button on the remote cover is cause I just cannot find it

Which specific model roku do you have?

I Roku express 1080 P hd

Please click on the link I sent above to see an image of the location of the button

Honest I so not see a button like on the image in the link

Can you recheck the model of the roku for me. 1080p is a feature, it is not a model.

RC108

Sorry that isn't a valid model either.

Are you sure the batteries you are using are good?
Did you just purchase this roku?

I have tried 3 different sets of be batteries, just purchased this from Walmart tonight I have a dice I'D A82760952211, got the # I gave you before in the batterm compartment ' there is nothing else on the box - the batteries go in both positive going in the same direction

Okay, lets try it once more with the first reset I mentioned (using the house button),

if it still isn't working, and you aren't able to find another button, then that really leaves only the possibility that the roku itself or remote is defective. In that case, take it back to walmart, exchange it for a new one, and start over. The new one should work right out of the box.

I was doing that while I waited for a reply - same thing, stuck on getting started screen

Thank you for trying,

if you are certain there is no button in the remote, then swapping out the entire roku for a new one is the next step.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.