Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a sony 300 disc player. After replacing the belts the…

Customer Question
I have a sony...

I have a sony 300 disc player. After replacing the belts the turn table spins to the correct place but the cd never loads onto the turntable

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

CDP-CX355 Sony About 12 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

No trouble shooting, I just replaced the belts. First time I ever had it open

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 11 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your CD player issue. Have you replaced both belts in the back ? Because one of them is responsible for grabbing the disc and load it in the CD reading mechanism.
If the Front door does not open properly to insert a disc in the carousel, then the drive belt under knees the carousel needs to be replaced. For that it is a little treakier. You have to remove the entire carousel to reach the belt. Let me try to research a video for you, that shows the procedure.
Sorry, I've been working out of town for ten days. The door opens properly, the carousel spins to the proper position, but once in position the cd never loads into the player. I tried it when the cover was off to make sure both the new belts worked properly.
I would love to talk to you but I'm in the middle of dinner and I put it back together before I left town. I will take me awhile to get re-situated.
Electronics Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 10 months ago

It sounds like a timing issue at the cd loading arm. I'm trying to download the service manual for you .

Here is the partial service manual pages 1-31 since the complete manual is too big to send. Hope it helps you out.

Here is the rest of the service manual pages 32-70.

It seems that the problem is in mechanism 2
Page 56
I am glad that you found the issue. Mechanism timing issue is very hard to troubleshoot via web chat. But I'm glad that my information helped you to isolate the issue. Please let me know there's anything else. Otherwise please provide me with a positive rating so I can get credit for my service. I would appreciate
On page 56 is the loading mechanism were the two belts wear out and sometimes bring the cd loading arm out of timing. Check if all the plastic guides from the loading arm are in the groove. Look for any possible broken plastic. Good luck.
Pages12, 17 and 19 show some time alignment of the gears and mechanism
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your Sony Multi CD player. I want nothing more than you to be 100% satisfied with my assistance. If you need additional information please use the reply box to let me know. If you are all set and happy with my assistance, please remember to use the starts above to rate my assistance so we can close this question out.