Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a str-dn1050 2-zone receiver and I cannot get zone 2…

Customer Question
I have a str-dn1050...

I have a str-dn1050 2-zone receiver and I cannot get zone 2 to work. it has worked before, but its been a while.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I bought it about 3 years ago

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have been through all the settings. Zone 2 is on, I have tried different speaker setups

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Turn off the receiver.

• Hold down (on/standby) on the receiver for 5 seconds.
  • [CLEARING] appears on the display panel for a while, then changes to [CLEARED!] .

Note:
It takes a few minutes for the memory to be cleared completely. Do not turn the receiver off until [CLEARED!] appears on the display panel.

May have to be done a number of times.

This isvery critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.