Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Moved to new location. Can bring up Roku screen but does not…

Customer Question
Moved to new location...

Moved to new location. Can bring up Roku screen but does not respond to controller.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Roku 3 less than a year old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Moved into a new home last Friday, over 1000 miles from previous home. Previously on Direct TV now on Spectrum

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Do you want me to power up Roku unit so that white light is on?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

What we will need to do here is first reset the roku,

turn off the tv, unplug power and hdmi from the roku, and remove the batteries from the remote

then wait 5 minutes, plug in hdmi, power on the tv, then power on the roku,

then put in a new set of fresh batteries into the remote, and when the roku home screen comes up, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

If this does not work, repeat the steps using the little purple or gray button inside the remote battery cover, for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.