Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I a trying to renew my subscription to Acorn on the site.

Customer Question
I a trying to...

I a trying to renew my subscription to Acorn on the site. They ask for a Roku pin or number and I do not have this.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

I am looking that up - please wait It is a Roku 3 and probably about 3 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was working fine until the subscription ran out and then the notice popped up./thisi happened about a week ago.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Joe AV, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Joe AV
Joe AV, Customer Service

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with this request. In order to get your Roku pin or make a pin not required for purchases you can do the following:

To complete the sign-up process before the permanent solution is in place, you need to temporarily configure your Roku account so that a PIN is not required to make purchases.

To do this, access the preferences and settings for your Roku account, and select A PIN is not required to make any purchase or add any item from the Channel Store for your PIN preference. Make sure to save the change and then return to your Roku device and complete the sign-up process.

When you are finished, visit the preferences and settings again and configure your Roku account to once again require a PIN to make purchases.

Hello. I am just following up to see if my steps helped you resolve the issue. Please let me know and if it did feel free to rate my service. I would appreciate that. If you have any follow up questions, please let me know.