Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

MY TCL ROKU TV WILL ONLY GO TO DISPLAY WITH ROKU ON IT-CAN

Customer Question
NOT GET TO HOME PAGE- JA...
MY TCL ROKU TV WILL ONLY GO TO DISPLAY WITH ROKU ON IT-CAN NOT GET TO HOME PAGE-
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 5122X/ 48FS3750 NOT OVER 1 YR
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: ABOUT TWO WEEKS AND IT JUST STARTED FOR NO REASON
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: IVE TRIED CHANGING BATTERIES IN THE REMOTE AND TRIED ANOTHER REMOTE TO ANOTHER TV IN THE OFFICE THAT IS THE SAME-IF I UNPLUG THE TV SOMETIMES IT WILL WORK AFTER PRESSING THT HOME BUTTON SEVERAL DAYS
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

OK

thank you

I WORK IN A DENTAL OFFICE AND MY MANAGER WANTS TO KNOW HOW MUCH WAS PUT ON THE CREDIT CARD AND TO MAKE SURE WE ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE MONTHLY CHARGES-

I cannot see this, it is the question value you had when you created the question

You see it on this page

I DID UNPLUG THE TV AND HOLD POWER AND WHEN I PLUGED UP AFTER 10 MIN IT WAS STILL THE SAME-JUST THE ROKU SCREEN

Thanks

Is the TV connected to anything such as a cable box?

WE USE THE COMPUTER TO PLAY THROUGH THE TV... WE ARE ABLE TO SHOW VIDEOS, VIEW XRAYS, AND PLAY MUSIC

Does the display from the computer still show on the TV ok?

THE PROBLEM IS THE TV WILL BLINK AS IF IT IS TURNING ON BUT IT NEVER ACTUALLY TURNS ON. YOU HAVE TO CLICK THE BUTTONS SEVERAL TIMES FOR THE ACTUAL SCREEN TO APPEAR. AND IT WILL WORK FINE FOR A FEW MINS AND THEN THE SCREEN WILL GO BLACK AGAIN

Thanks

It is the mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service