Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Second opinion] I talked with a Roku agent trying to

Customer Question
Second opinion] I talked...

Second opinion] I talked with a Roku agent trying to activate my Netflix acct. we tried several things like putting new batteries in the remote and unplugging the stream stick and waiting before rep lugging. Nothing worked. Shebthen said it clourd be the remote or the stick now what?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

The roku was bought over a year ago, model RC12 it is black with purple directional arrows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We used it last when it worked several months ago, then waited for a chance to work on it...today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Do I need a new stick or remote?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 3 days by:
9/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Do you see any error messages?

No, nothing comes up on the screen. So, is the Roku broken. Or, is the remote broken, or is the hdmi slot in my TV not operative???

Please try using a different HDMI port. Same issue?

Did not work in another hdmi slot

Do you have another TV to try?

I will try on another TV tomorrow

Okay, thank you.

If it does not work on another TV then the ROKU is faulty and it would need to be replaced. If it works on another TV then it is your TV that is the issue.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Now, I should have thought of that. After finding an extension cord and fiddling with two other TVs I was able to hook up the Roku ....and it worked perfectly!
Thank you
Gary

Awesome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.