crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

Second opinion] I talked with a Roku agent trying to

Customer Question

Second opinion] I talked with a Roku agent trying to activate my Netflix acct. we tried several things like putting new batteries in the remote and unplugging the stream stick and waiting before rep lugging. Nothing worked. Shebthen said it clourd be the remote or the stick now what?JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?Customer: The roku was bought over a year ago, model RC12 it is black with purple directional arrowsJA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?Customer: We used it last when it worked several months ago, then waited for a chance to work on it...todayJA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?Customer: Do I need a new stick or remote?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Do you see any error messages?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, nothing comes up on the screen. So, is the Roku broken. Or, is the remote broken, or is the hdmi slot in my TV not operative???
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Please try using a different HDMI port. Same issue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did not work in another hdmi slot
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Do you have another TV to try?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will try on another TV tomorrow
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Okay, thank you.

If it does not work on another TV then the ROKU is faulty and it would need to be replaced. If it works on another TV then it is your TV that is the issue.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Now, I should have thought of that. After finding an extension cord and fiddling with two other TVs I was able to hook up the Roku ....and it worked perfectly!
Thank you
Gary
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Awesome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.