Joe AV
Joe AV, Customer Service
Experience:  Technical Support Infrastructure and Network engineer
99768184

When I go to WatchESPN it opens and when I select watch now

When I go to WatchESPN it opens and when I select watch now I get 0066: No account returned from UPDA What do I need to do?
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's a ROKU 3 one of the latest
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Issue since Saturday. Non't know it came up when I tried Saturday. Worked OK on my iPad but not through the TV with ROKU attached.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, all other 17 channels on ROKU work fine. Just WatchESPN does not work

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with this request. Some content providers require authentication from time to time. This varies by provider. Are you using a cable or satellite account to log in? If so, please sign out and sign back in using your provider account and that may fix the issue. Please let me know if it does.

Hello. I am just following up to see if the instructions I provided helped you. Simply reply back if you require additional information and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. If you're satisfied with my help, please consider a 5-star rating at this time. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry for the delay. Problems with the payment process but all clear now.When I go to ROKU and select WatchESPN it says that my provider is DirecTV which is what not returning the account. Do I have to Close out ROKU, if so then I have to reload all channels and currently WatchESPN is channel number 19.Or, do i have to do something to DirecTV and if so what.

Hello. Some channels on Roku are offered ( like ESPN, HBO, ect). In order to watch them you need to enter a subscription service that you subscribe to like Directv or Cable. This proves that you subscribe to a service already therefor Roku will activate the channel.

You will need to go on the Roku website and enter your Directv info to have access to these channels.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The help you gave was helpful but still haven't completely solved the problem. Directv password ***** expired. Still some issues but don't know what questions to ask? Thanks for the quick response.

Have you updated the password ***** directv on your Roku account?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No need to. Everything on Roku provided through DirecTV works except WatchESPN (SecNetwork +) games

OK. Thanks for the update. I will check with Roku and will update you soon.