Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I purchased 2 Roku devices from Best Buy over 6 months go.

Customer Question

I purchased 2 Roku devices from Best Buy over 6 months go. Their "geek squad" came and installed everything. I have used them both for all these months. Now, the one in the bedroom does not work and Netflix kept asking me if it was a "smart tv" and have I ever used it before. I do not know if the TV is smart or dumb. I only know that I used it for all these months and now it does not work.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung. Pretty old, but as I say, it worked until a few days ago.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue about 3 days to a week. Nothing really happened.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Joe AV replied 1 month ago.

Hello and Welcome. I am sorry you are having this issue. My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you. Can you please tell me if you have unplugged the Roku device to reboot it?