Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am getting a U61 error code on my DMR es35 video recorder…

Customer Question
I am getting a...

I am getting a U61 error code on my DMR es35 video recorder when I insert a blank dvd. what does this mean?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Panasonic

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Panasonic DMR-ES35v and it just started last night.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Infotech Anthony, Technician replied 9 months ago
Infotech Anthony
Infotech Anthony, Technician

Hello

Welcome

A U61 error means a communication error between micro-processors, please initially try a reboot of the unit disconnect the unit from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again,let me know if there is any change please

Anthony

after trying this reboot the problem still remains
i will continue with a chat

OK sorry that did not work there is another option that we can use not guaranteed but is worth a try as the main cause of this is bad connections on the micros a difficult job thing is I am out on service calls and cant get you that info for a few hours

Are you OK with that?

that works. i will look here for your suggestion.

With the unit in STANDBY mode (OFF) PRESS VHS to DVD dubbing>>OPEN\CLOSE>>DVD STOP buttons ALL AT THE SAME TIME for 5 seconds you will see SERV in the display (if you do not see it try again)then press the button 9 followed by 9 again this should reset the unit, let me know if you have success or not with that

How is this working out please?

I did as you told me. when I hit the 9 the second time a CLR message showed up.

Yes that is good!

It means its reset so please switch it OFF then back onagain and you should be good ,let me know

CLR means clear

If this works out OK (I am pretty confident it will be) could you please rate me 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you the site will then pay me,any issues let me know

Anthony

Now I get a U88 code.

Try rebooting again by unplugging from wallpower wait 1 min replug back in again

I am getting a message on the screen that says the self-check has failed. and then it opens the dvd drive and shuts down

Let me explain what we have done so far, the code I sent is a service techs code to enter the service menu of the unit and in your case reset it,the machine has done that and usually fault clears however as I said at the start the underlying cause of this is bad comms between micros,there are two control micros and they can suffer from bad connections needing to be re-flowed of solder this has to be done by panasonic but as you can understand the unit is very old now and the costs make that exercise none economical, the unit now jumping around like this means the micros are corrupt so what you should do now is leave the unit unplugged from wall-power for at least 12 hours it may reset the machine,if it does not then I am afraid there is nowhere left to go with this its as I stated in my opening message to you

I know this is not a good outcome so far however maybe I have helped in some way with you making a decision on this?if so I would appreciate a 3 to 5 star rating so the site can credit me thank you,rating bar of stars is top of the page thanks again

Anthony

Anthony