Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a TCL Roku TV. I use it with a Motorola DCT 6416 III…

Customer Question
I have a TCL...

I have a TCL Roku TV. I use it with a Motorola DCT 6416 III set top box. This pairing seems to cycle off then on about once an hour. I don't know if its the TV or the set top box. Have you had this issue before?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

The TV or the set top?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The TV screen goes green, then off, then the set top goes off, the screen comes back on, and then the box comes back on. This takes about 1 minute.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 9 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Is the set top box connected into HDMI input of TV?

I was told you had an answer. Do you?

OK, we can verify the TV and set top box separately.

Connect another video source such as DVD/ Bluray into HDMI input and playback a disc to verify the TV.

Also connect this set top box to another available to see if it acts the same on that TV?

We are troubleshooting the problem to figure out what is bad then how to get it fixed.

Did you get my previous reply?
Please reply with result to proceed

That's your answer? No. Do not proceed. I don't have the other equipment, that is why I'm asking if you have seen this issue before.

OK, good luck~

No. I am not happy. This is not an answer. I do NOT expect to be charged considering your "100% guarantee". I do not want this as a service and I am NOT happy with this non-answer.
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 9 months ago
Josh, Technician

I apologize that you had to wait for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Are you kidding me? Did you not read my last response. The ONLY thing I want is a refund to my PayPal account, and to have nothing further to do with your company.

Sure, please call 1-***-***-****

I am not calling and leaving myself open to another charge of $26. Your company certainly seems like a SCAM. I only want a refund.

There isn't a charge to call our customer service.

That is not at all clear from the copy that comes with your texts, and if you are telling me to trust you, you haven't been paying attention. I want a refund.

Sure, you can call our customer service to request a refund.

You are tone deaf. Unless you have authority to issue a refund do NOT contact me again.

Okay, thank you.