Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a TCL Roku TV. I use it with a Motorola DCT 6416 III

Customer Question

I have a TCL Roku TV. I use it with a Motorola DCT 6416 III set top box. This pairing seems to cycle off then on about once an hour. I don't know if its the TV or the set top box. Have you had this issue before?
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: The TV or the set top?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The TV screen goes green, then off, then the set top goes off, the screen comes back on, and then the box comes back on. This takes about 1 minute.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

- Is the set top box connected into HDMI input of TV?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was told you had an answer. Do you?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, we can verify the TV and set top box separately.

Connect another video source such as DVD/ Bluray into HDMI input and playback a disc to verify the TV.

Also connect this set top box to another available to see if it acts the same on that TV?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

We are troubleshooting the problem to figure out what is bad then how to get it fixed.

Did you get my previous reply?
Please reply with result to proceed

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's your answer? No. Do not proceed. I don't have the other equipment, that is why I'm asking if you have seen this issue before.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, good luck~

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. I am not happy. This is not an answer. I do NOT expect to be charged considering your "100% guarantee". I do not want this as a service and I am NOT happy with this non-answer.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

I apologize that you had to wait for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you kidding me? Did you not read my last response. The ONLY thing I want is a refund to my PayPal account, and to have nothing further to do with your company.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Sure, please call 1-***-***-****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not calling and leaving myself open to another charge of $26. Your company certainly seems like a SCAM. I only want a refund.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

There isn't a charge to call our customer service.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is not at all clear from the copy that comes with your texts, and if you are telling me to trust you, you haven't been paying attention. I want a refund.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Sure, you can call our customer service to request a refund.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You are tone deaf. Unless you have authority to issue a refund do NOT contact me again.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Okay, thank you.