Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Tokugawa stick that I use in my TV. I have watched

I have a Tokugawa stick that I use in my TV. I have watched hgtv with this for a year. Yesterday, the system asked me to input a code to watch. I did all that and it said it was successful. Now however, when I of to watch hgtv
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: The device is a year old.I have the original packaging. Where would I look for that I
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just went to the channel to watch it live yesterday and that's when it all went downhill.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

What is happening?

What do you mean by "when I of to watch hgtv"?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK. Sorry so long to reply. I have the original packaging for the roku stick. Where do I look for make and model number. The problem that I am having with HGTV is that after streaming the live TV successfully for over a year, this past Sunday, I was asked to input a new code and verify it with my internet provider (like when you first set it up). I did this and I can see the main page with the choices for viewing HGTV, but when I click on live TV or any other show, it gives me an error message and tells me that I do not have access to any of the shows. I uninstalled HGTV and then reinstalled it with the same outcome. Any thoughts? All of my other streaming (HULU, CBS, Amazon, STARZ) seems to work fine.

If you see “Error 001” and the message “not connected” in the upper right corner of the TV screen, it means that your Roku device is not connected to a network. Then select Try Again.

If that does not work, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no. I get an error 006 and it tells me that I do not have access to the content.

This is a software error.

To overcome Error code 006 you will need to rapidly press the home button 5x the ff button 3 x and rew 2x on your remote to bring up a hidden screen.

Select Update Software and press OK. This should force a software update.

You may also need to re-pair your remote to the Roku using the button under the remote battery cover.

Let me know if that works?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Reboot went just like you said, but with no change in the problem. Continue to get error message 60.002 which says,"You are not authorized to view this video. Please check your subscription or parental guide settings." Weren't aware there were parental guide settings (we don't have kids). How do I check those, and the subscription is free so I don't get that either.

Error code 006 is a software error, so if the reboot did not help then the Roku device will need to be returned.

It is unlikely that this problem is caused by subscription or parental guide settings, however you can check those if you wish by logging into your account at https://my.roku.com

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Found the issue was with Spectrum (our wi-fi carrier). A deal was made with them that the only way to view HGTV was if a package was purchased through cable. We stream so we were locked out.