Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Experience:  I'm an Audio Video Technician with 25 years experience.
98889509

I have a philips stereo btm2180/37, about 3 yrs old,

Customer Question

I have a philips stereo btm2180/37, about 3 yrs old , everything working perfectly until yesterday, the fm won't work, blue tooth and cd music do work. when I press fm it just says tuner on screen but wont go to any station
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Philips is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: just said about 3 yrs old, btm2180/37
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: this is a stereo music player, not a tv
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just started yesterday, I cant think of any different that happened
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no otherwise it's been a great stereo
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Electrotech2017 replied 1 month ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Philips stereo issue.
It sounds like your stereo has a corrupted software on the main board. Let's try to perform a factory reset first by doing the following:
Under DAB/FM mode, press MENU to enter the menu option
Press/repeatedly until [System]displays on the display panel.Press OK to access the system menu." [Factory Reset] displays.Press OK to enter factory reset menu."The display panel shows optionsand [No] under [Factory Reset].Press/to select [Yes].Press OK to confirm the DAB/FM factory reset
Let me know if that resolved the issue. Otherwise the main board might need to be replaced, which I hope not since in most cases it is not cost effective.
Hello, please let me know if I can be of any further help. If not and you are satisfied please provide me with a positive rating, so I can close out the question. Have a good night