Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a yachtboy230. We put new batteries in the radio. It…

Customer Question
We have a yachtboy230...

We have a yachtboy230. We put new batteries in the radio. It still will not work. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It probably is ten years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We have not used it since Hurricane Jean (2004)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No we just want the radio to work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/9/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 11 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

Hi Welcome to just answer

I understand that your radio is not working.

I would like to know more about it appearance: Do you hear any sound when you turn it on? Do you see anything lighting?

There are few things you can try

1. Try a new set of batteries

2. Clean all the battery contacts as the sometimes get corroded when they are not being used

3.Check the polarity to ensure that all the batteries are oriented correctly.