Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hgtv.com is no longer going on,part of my package,help,

Customer Question
Hgtv.com is no longer...

Hgtv.com is no longer going on,part of my package,help

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Model 3700x,less than one year

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just last night

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Can you tell me what package you are referring to? A cable or satellite subscription?

Satellite

Okay you were inquiring about a roku device in your initial question.

The hgtv app on the roku can be accessed if you subscribe to that channel as part of a cable/satellite service. If your satellite company is changing their lineup, you would have to change to a corresponding package that did offer the channels you want. Otherwise when they discontinue your current plan, your hgtv app on the roku will no longer work either, it will give you an error message when you try to use it.

If you don't want to upgrade your satellite plan, or even want to consider dropping it entirely, what I'd recommend as a much lower cost alternative is to get the extra channels you want through slingtv: https://www.sling.com/service that is about $20 a month but in many cases can completely replace cable/satellite service, if you have a smart tv or a roku or fire tv device on each of your tvs to access the app, it gives you access to many different subscription channels, including hgtv, without the cost of a satellite service subscription.