Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Streaming Stick which has been working fine to

Customer Question
I have a Streaming...

I have a Streaming Stick which has been working fine to access Netflix. Now when I activate the Roku video channel a large Netflix logo comes up first. I hit the 'home' button and the page with all the video channels comes up. When I highlight and hit the Netflix channel it goes back to large Netflix logo that came on originally - I'm in a circle.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Roku Player 3500X and I believe about 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This week and was last used to watch a Netflix movie

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please perform the following steps:

1) Shut the TV off and unplug the mini-USB power cord from the Roku stick (leave the stick plugged into the TV).

2) Wait 30 seconds and reconnect the USB power cable then turn the TV on.

3) Try to access Netflix and see if you have the same issue.

4) If so, then locate the tiny pinhole reset button on one of the thin sides of the Roku and press and hold that using a paperclip for 10 full seconds and release. The Roku letters should display on the screen and the device should ask you to set it up as if it were new.

Let me know what happens after you try those steps please.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?