Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Trying to activate Roku. How do I find TV link code, Sony

Customer Question

trying to activate Roku. How do I find TV link code
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Sony Bravia 52 inch HD approximately 10 years old
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We are in the process of hooking a roku up for the first time
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please view and try the steps outlined below in order to obtain and enter the Roku link code:

Activating your Roku device

1. Follow the Quick Start Guide that came with your Roku device.
  2. Complete the on-screen instructions to connect your Roku device to the internet.
    • Once connected, your Roku device may download new software.
  3. Your Roku device will then display a link code; e.g. “XD12G”
  4. Make a note of this link code and go to the website roku.com/link on your computer or mobile device.
  5. On the website, enter the link code and click Submit.

• Important: You must complete ALL of the steps on the website before going back to your Roku device otherwise your Roku device will not be activated.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

So in order to obtain the code you need to have the Roku plugged into the TV's HDMI port, then use the TV remote's "Input/Source" button to select the corresponding HDMI port (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.), and you will then see the ROKU letters appear on the TV screen. From there, use the Roku remote and follow the on screen steps to set it up and you will then see the link code come up on the screen.

If you're not able to select the Input and see the Roku letters on the screen, simply send a reply back and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

In that case, I will need the full model number off of the back of the TV, and also you will need the original TV remote. Let me know if you have those.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?