crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

Oh yeah, This denon receiver is giving me troble, Denon

Customer Question

Oh yeah, This denon receiver is giving me troble
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Denon AVRX4300H 9.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with Built-in HEOS
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: For some reason the remote for the receiver works well when I'm in front of it but the IR is not communicating I see the red light going but that is it.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nah
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Electrotech2017 replied 1 month ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Denon receiver.
First I would try a Factory reset. I attached a screen shot of the procedure. If that does not cure the issue and you do not have any flourecent lights in front of the Denon receiver, then most likely the IR sensor / circuit in the unit has a defect. The good thing is that your Denon receiver has a 3 years warranty and can be taken to an authorized denon service center for repair.
Please let me know if the information was helpful. If you have any other question please let me know. Otherwise please rate my service so I can get credit for my assistance. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nah, that isn't it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a feeling you aren't going to be able to answer this by your first recommendations
What do you mean ? Could you explain your concern.
Remote controls working on a simple IR command to the unit. If there is no interference your unit should operate. Have you tried a remote control test with the camera feature on your smart phone ?
If I missed your question, please elaborate of the issue in detail. I'm working for a Denon authorized service center and could provide you more assistance if needed.
Please let me know if you still there and want to communicate.
I regretfully will opt out, in the hope that another Expert has a better approach to your problem
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

I apologize that you had to wait for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?