Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Panasonic DVD/Video recorder DMR-EZ48V. # days ago…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic DVD/Video recorder DMR-EZ48V. # days ago it started displaying PLEASE WAIT. Manual says it is carrying out a recovery process but today it is just flickering PLEASE!!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I have told you this and I bought it in 2009

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

3 days and all I did was turn it off from the power, waited 30 minutes and turned it on again

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
9/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Do you see any specific error/code on the front, such as F61 for example?
If you press and hold the power button on the front panel for 10 seconds, does anything change?

Hi Nathan, I have tried the power button but nothing has changed, still saying PLEASE WAIT
No nothing changed, now back to saying PLEASE WAIT
I have a CD inside and cannot eject it
no pay, no help?????? Better not charge me, or else

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I'm not asking you to pay more. You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish. You have paid the full agreed upon amount for the chat already however.

Will it play the disc inside? Will it play a vhs tape?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

I cannot get the tv to go on the setting to play DVDs and it is still saying PLEASE. Sorry for delay, was in hospital
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago

Thank you for confirming,

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).
This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2008 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This unit is over double its service life at this point.
There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet
2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)
3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.
If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.
This is something that would require repairs to correct; though repairs for these units just isn't feasible. There are no parts available for them any longer and labor alone would be 2-3 times the cost of a new system.
I can help you with finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.
My apologies for the news.