Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have an amazon prime account and want to use the amazon

Customer Question

I have an amazon prime account and want to use the amazon video app icon on my Samsung internet ready tv (smart hub) It directs me to amazon video help but no help. what steps do I do after clicking on the amazon app?
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: about 3.5 to 4 years old Samsung - UN55F7100
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I use Net Flix on it all the time. Never used the Amazon Prime service before. Just pops up if your having a problem with yours service go to amazonvideo.com help. Maybe it just was a weak signal at the time it tried to access the service for the first time. We were just in net flix lloking for movies and decided to try the new amazon
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Something was mentioned in another search for a 5 digit registration code Do you have to get that from the Samsung tv or from amazon?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Is the TV connected to internet and do the other apps work ok?

If so, then just open the Amazon Video app and:

1. Sign in to connect your account to the app. Make sure to enter the account information associated with your Prime Video or Amazon Prime membership.
  2. Select a movie or TV show to open the video details. Then select Watch Now or Resume to start playback.