Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just hooked up a roku to my tv and I do not know how to

Customer Question

I just hooked up a roku to my tv and I do not know how to turn on the tv,,,when I push the NOW button nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong....I have just signed up for direct tv now with at&t
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: its an Emerson and I have not had trouble turning on in the past...do I need something more than the remote that came with the roku
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I am just now trying to install the roku...I hooked the hdmi cable to the tv and the roke and then plugged the box in and now I can't figure out how to turn the tv on....I am not very computer literate
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I just want to be able to watch tv.....thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

- What HDMI input of TV is connected to Roku box?

- Also, do you get Directv picture?