Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a pioneer DEH-x3910bt and the tuner won't pick up any

Customer Question

I have a pioneer DEH-x3910bt and the tuner won't pick up any stations, Bestbuy said I need to send it to pioneer. its only 3 months old. i was a giftthe CD player works fine.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 months, model DEH-X3910BT
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: IT STARTED ABOUT 2 WKS AFTER I GOT IT,i put a new antenna on the truck. best buy couldnt figure it out.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Initially and for test purposes, remove the antenna plug and in its place, insert a stripped end of an electrical wire. Test if symptom "...tuner won't pick up any stations..." would persist. If yes, then it would confirm the internal hardware issue with the Pioneer.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.