Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can not make connection to my Roku streaming stick. I

Hi, I can not...

Hi, I can not make connection to my Roku streaming stick. I change my source on my TV to HDMI 3 which is where my streaming stick is placed and I can get the urban setting screen to come up but when I click my remote to go to the home screen to select one of our sources I cannot get off the urban screen. I have noticed that at the bottom of the screen there is the pause/play button traveling across the screen. Whitman I do to get that symbol off the screen and access the channels like Netflix or Amazon, Acorn, etc. Bob Williams

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

Samsung

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I closed off of Roku on Friday night to go back to TV. I was successful in getting that to occur and watched a TV program before turning the TV offer the night. Now when I start to watch Roku I am having trouble.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

8/19/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please try a reset of the Roku as follows:

1) Shut the TV off and unplug the Roku stick from the TV.

2) Disconnect the micro USB cord from the Roku, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in.

3) Remove the remote batteries. Wait 30 seconds and put them back in.

Turn the TV on and let me know if the remote then responds to get to the Roku home screen.

The home screen has opened and the options for channels have appeared. However, I can not make a selection for the channel. I have tried to push the arrow button beside the channel selections but it does not cause the highlight to appear around the first program selection or any selection for that matter. What next?

Okay so the remote has lost its paring with the stick. Do you have new batteries you can put in the remote please?

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service.

I have changed the batteries before I contacted you and the new batteries do not seem to make any difference. Also, I sent my phone number. Will I be billed?

I'm not privy in any way to billing- did you see the post where I said that?? Okay back to your Roku- the next step is to perform a full reset of the Roku. Please look along one of the thin sides of the Roku for a tiny reset button (it's recessed) and use a paperclip to press and hold that button for 7 full seconds. Let me know what happens.

Are you still there please?

I completed the task and now have a full purple colore screen with the large, white letters for ROKU.

Okay so now in a minute or so the remote should work and navigate the Home Screen- does it?

I will check. I have a picture showing me to check the remote with the screen but I do not get the remote to flash the light on the handle.

Okay if the remote does not flash the light on the handle then it indicates that the issue is a faulty/bad remote and it would need to be replaced.

If you can tell me which Roku stick you have then I can search for a replacement remote for you if you'd like.

OK. I tried different batteries and it now flashed and sent me to start the process for resetting the ROKU.

Okay, so.....are you saying the remote is now working?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

It appears to work. I assume I just follow the directions the screen will provide and I should be good to go. Is that correct?

Yes simply follow the on screen instructions and you should be all set.

Hey! Thanks for your assistance. I will enjoy some new programs I selected today. THANKS!!! Bob

You're very welcome! Also you paid the website a deposit to work with me, but I am not actually paid unless you click a positive rating. Could you do that for me please?

Aric, Technician
I would be pleased to give you a great report. Where do I do that?
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Systems Engineer
Phone call session started