Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We just hooked up Roku on a TV after removing all the cable

We just hooked up Roku on a TV after removing all the cable stuff. It seems to have taken over and will not allow us to turn off the TV. The TV goes off and then immediately comes back on. How do we fix this?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung about five years old.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We were connected to Comcast cable on this TV. We are thinking of getting away from Cable altogether so we disconnected all of the cable things and just plugged in the Roku. That works great but again, the TV just keeps turning itself back on.
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My husband is looking but may take a few moments, he may have to take the TV down off its mount. Right after we removed all of the cable stuff, my husband did a channel search. Only one channel turned up and it was an Xfinity channel reserved for emergency broadcast. Then he plugged the Roku in and now the TV keeps turning itself off.

OK, please take your time, I'm standby

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
UN32J400AF

Thanks, ***** ***** be UN32J4000AF

Please disconnect Roku device from TV and turn On TV power and turn it Off.

Does it turn On itself as it does with Roku connected?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When he took the TV down and then put it back up, something happened and now it will stay shut off even with the Roku connected. Sorry, I guess the TV was self-healing. All is good now, Thanks

Nice, glad to know problem is resolved, it seems Roku wasn't connected securely in HDMI input of TV that was causing this trouble. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Question got refunded?