Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just bought Roku express, Tv, Sharp is the maker, Aquos…

Customer Question
I just bought Roku...

I just bought Roku express

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Tv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Sharp is the maker

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?

Aquos sharp - 1080 is the name of the tv

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Are you having any difficulties to connect Roku device to Sharp TV?

I'm getting impatient
I'm returning this product if I can't get immediate answer

OK, please connect Roku device into HDMI input of TV.

Grab Sharp TV remote, push input button and select correct HDMI input source where the Roku device is hooked in.

Do you get Roku logo/ home screen on TV?

I did and there's no light showing on roku

OK, there would be a power adapter and a cable supplied with Roku device, hook the power cord on rear of device to power it On

I did & it didn't work

This is odd, it could be power adapter or connection cable issue which is causing no power to Roku device.

Least likely it could be Roku device internal problem.

Can you try another power adapter and cable into Roku device? A cellphone charger and charging cable will work for this test.

I just connected with charging cable that comes with roku. There's light showing faintly on Roku but still not working or showing on my tv
I didn't know that it's going to be this painful to hook up this devices
I think I will return it and get my money back from the store

Sorry about it, if you have decided to return it to store then I can't do any thing more.

Good luck~