Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a roku 1 box and have been using it successfully for

Customer Question

I have a roku 1 box and have been using it successfully for 2 years. Last night when I changed the source on the TV, it read no signal. So I checked the wires from the roku to my TV, changed the batteries in my roku wand and even disconnected the modem for a few minutes. Now I don't know where else to go
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung, HDT
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I bought it about 4 years ago Thanks sister Mary
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no trouble up to now. Because I have wi fi, roku seems to be "sucking in various new programs such as cracker and others that I don't ask for.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Offhand the No Signal message simply means that the TV itself has lost communication from the Roku. Please let me know what the model number is ***** of the back of the TV and also let me know if you have the original TV remote nearby.