Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

Ihave Century Tel as my PC Internet provider and last Monday

Customer Question
they came and replaced my...
Ihave Century Tel as my PC Internet provider and last Monday they came and replaced my existing modem with a new advanced one and now I cannot get my ROKU to stream Netflix & Amazon channels
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: It is an RCA .. Model LED32B3ORQ
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I only have my ROKU hooked up to my main living room tv -- I don't watch it on any other device in my home
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just happened since Monday when Century Tel exchanged the modem to my PC computer
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
8/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Since Roku needs to be connected to the internet, you'll need to switch the password ***** point it to the new router.

Press the "Home" button on the Roku remote control. Select the "Settings" option in the Roku menu displayed on your television screen. Once in the settings menu, select "Network," then choose "Repeat Guided Setup."

That will show you the available networks. Choose the same one that your computer/tablet is connected to. Enter the password, and you'll be all set to watch movies.

Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer