Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can't get my phone to access my Roku and lost the remote,

Customer Question
Can't get my phone...

Can't get my phone to access my Roku and lost the remote, just installed new wifi and can't access it with the tv I mean everything else is connected

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

It worked on my previous wifi so it's not the phone when I try to set up manually it wants IP address and I don't know the tvs IP address, it doesn't discover the tv so guessing the tv isn't connected via wifi and don't know how to connect it with no remote

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Lost the remote months ago, bought a replacement, never worked, then found out phone could be used as a remote, so did that for a few days, but moved and just had internet/wifi set up, but phone is not discovering tv tv is not on wifi for some reason how do I get the tv on wifi? with no remote or phone access?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?

I thought I was talking to an expert

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
8/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Are you accessing the Roku via the Roku stick or box?

Please let me know

I don't have a stick or a box, I have a Roku smart tv, lost the remote, installed the app it used to allow me to use the phone like a remote now it's not working. when I try to install my tv it says it doesn't find the device on my phone's IP address.

Thanks

The issue is the TV is not connected to your new wifi network that you just installed, the remote on the phone will do everhything whilst the TV is connected to wifi, when it is not, then the phone (and the remote app on it) cannot see the TV and therefore cannot controll it.

You have to get an original remote for it for it to work.

Can you tell me the make and model of the TV and I can source one for you.

I can't look up the make and model because I can't get the stupid tv to work. I'm beginning to wish I had never purchased this Roku tv was much happier with my other one and you charge me 40 bucks to tell me I need a new remote, thanks. no clue what model it is, tried replacing the remote back when I lost it and the one I got didn't work. It's a sharp Roku tv unless you know some magic trick to tell the make and model sounds like I'm SOL. Have a nice day.

Please check on the back of TV for the model.

it's a sharp Roku model number LC-43LB481U

Thanks

This is the remote you need, it will work out of the box as soon as the batteries are put in.

https://www.amazon.com/Sharp-LC-RCRUS-17-Roku-Remote-Control/dp/B06Y25PS12

Once the TV is again connected to the wifi which you do using this remote, you can use your phone again if you wish as it will again find the TV

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I've ordered the remote, I will rate once I receive the remote and if it works to solve the problem.

ok no problem

Just let me know if you have any issues or the rating