Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Roku 2 which had been working fine with my SOny

Customer Question

I have a Roku 2 which had been working fine with my SOny Bravia HDTV until some months ago. Now after 15 or 20 minutes, the picture and sound begin blinking and I do see the purple HDCP message for an instant. Sometimes it becomes normal again for a while. What do you think is my problem?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: My Roku is a Roku 2 XD model 3050x and my tv is a Sony Bravia HDTV model KDL32M300
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Several months. (It worked fine from about 2013 to mid-2016). Last night I watched a movie for about 30 minutes before it started to blink on and off. Then after about 5-10 minutes it was normal for 10 minutes, then started to blink again.
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Is the Roku connected into HDMI input of TV?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
HDMI2
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, first thing that should try is to reboot TV and Roku box.

Unplug TV and Roku power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes, replug back in and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am very uncomfortable doing this. Please end this session and refund my money if possible.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Cutting power off of both things should not be difficult, either turn Off the power switch of power outlet/ strip or disconnect power cords will do the work.

If you still can't do it then please contact customer service via help link on main page of website as I have no control over accounts/ money matters.

I'm just a TV tech here and site user like you.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for trying to help.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Much welcome. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.