Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Hulu has been out for about a week now, I keep getting…

Customer Question
My Hulu has been...

My Hulu has been out for about a week now, I keep getting network error message, I have been reading the comments on the "Down Detector" and it seems to be happening to Sony Blu Ray players is it possible an update on Hulu has made it incompatible with the Sony Blu Rays?

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

Yes, I can get Hulu on my computer, I can get Netflix and Vudu. strength 29%

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

I have restarted the media player , but not my router

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on Bluray player in question?
- Have you tried any other internet app in bluray to see if it works?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model # BDP S590 I can get Netflix and Vudu I can get Hulu on my computer just not on the tvs I have a cable box from cox if that's makes a difference

OK, do you get Netflix and Vudu through bluray player?

Also, what happens when run Hulu app in bluray?

Cable box has nothing to do with it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hulu just keeps spinning and then I get network connection error message. I get Netflix and Vudu through the Blu Ray also

OK, so only Hulu app gives trouble and other apps are working fine, correct?
- Have you tried to disconnect Bluray and wifi router/ modem power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let wifi router/ modem reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.