Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

I have ROKU. All works great. BUT If I can get MSNBC on my

Customer Question

HELLO THERE. I have ROKU. All works great. BUT If I can get MSNBC on my computer, why cannot I get it through ROKU?
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: just a second
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just got a new samsung screen. My ruck is fairly new. Serial no: 1XJ55E032525 Wireless Do: 4D 2C 2E AF E1 Model 2710X
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately this is not just a matter of having a device that can access the internet.

In this particular case, it is not available on the roku because msnbc has not allowed a marketing agreement with roku for that purpose. Not all services are available as apps and it is up to the content provider (msnbc) to determine their distribution model. They prefer to work through cable/satellite companies and through their own website where they can control the advertisements and content. As of right now, there is no msnbc app available for roku. It is possible this is something they would add in the future, but for now it is not available on the roku or other similar devices. You could consider hooking the computer to your tv and using it as a large monitor via a hdmi cable though as a workaround for now.

My apologies for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want my $5 returned. I tried to do that as soon as I started the process, but could find no way to do it. First of all, this is not a technical question. It turned out to be merely a informational answer - which did not require technical help. So, please. Just return my money and I will be satisfied. Thank you. L S Marks-Guarnieri
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
By the way, I tried to call the number provided - and no one answered after a hundred rings.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

This is a paid information and support service, it is not free help, whether for a technical or information answer.

I provided an answer above under the agreed upon fee.

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.Asking for a refund has the effect of me having to work for free for my time spent advising you.