Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I had time warmer cable when my Roku was set up. I changed…

Customer Question
I had time warmer...

I had time warmer cable when my Roku was set up. I changed to DirectV. How do I get internet recognition for DirectV so my RoKu will work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

Let me check

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

My son put it in before moving to Colorado about 2 years ago. I changed to DirectV about 8 months ago. I have become very disatified with cable and satellite and tried to finally boot my Roku and discovered it didn't have internet connect. I'm 70 years ago and not to savvy with technology. I have a Roku 3 SN: 6325 AP102762

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?

No. I don't think so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
7/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

You likely got some new wireless equipment with Directv, so you will need to connect the Roku to the new wireless network.

From the Roku Home screen, select Settings > Network > Wireless (Wi-Fi) > Set up new Wi-Fi connection.

Pete, Engineer