Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Netflix, Youtube, and all other channels are not working - a…

Customer Question
Netflix, Youtube, and all...

Netflix, Youtube, and all other channels are not working - a purple box keeps popping up saying "HDCP unauthorised content disabled" can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Vizio - 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Main menu comes up normal - but when you click "play" to start a movie or video, then the purple box pops up and then there is nothing

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

Just started about an hour ago - it was working fine earlier today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

No - I just need help

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Recorders and Players
7/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

To resolve this, unplug everything from the power for 10 minutes and check the HDMI connection is secure at both ends, then after 10 minutes if up you can turn everything on again.

Let me know if that works?