Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have installed the ROKU on my TV and for some reason it…

Customer Question
I have installed the...

I have installed the ROKU on my TV and for some reason it won't down lad or set up

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

TV is about 2yrs old sharp LCDTV GJ221

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just purchased about two weeks, hooked it up yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?

NO, just how to get it to operate

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
7/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

I need some more info here. First- you posted the model number of a remote. I need the full model number off of the back of the TV.

Second, which model Roku (there are several) did you purchase?

Third, what exactly do you see on your TV screen right now?

I just switched hookup from one TV to another so I can work near my computer , it's a VIZON 3YRS OLD
NO PHONE, COST TOO MUCH

I'm not asking for phone- the website is doing that- you can ignore it. Please READ MY INFO REQUEST and reply back with ALL of the information I asked for. Right now we don't have any of it.

First- you posted the model number of a remote. I need the full model number off of the back of the TV.

ZION E321VA, ROKU 4630X

Okay I still don't know what you see on your TV screen or how far you got in the Roku setup? Do you see the Roku letters? Is the Roku connected to the TV? Please let me know how far you've gotten so I can help you.

Right now you should have:

1) The Roku connected to the TV's HDMI 1 port using an HDMI cable.

2) The Roku power cord plugged in.

3) You need to use the original VIZIO remote's "Input" button to select HDMI 1.

You should then see the Roku letters on your screen. Have you done any of that yet?

Were you able to try those steps? What do you see on your TV screen please?

OK, HDM1 PORT
I GET A NO SIGNAL ON HDM1 PORT
R0KU IS HOOKED UP TO HDM3
HDM1 3

If Roku is hooked up to HDMI 3- then SELECT HDMI 3- not HDMI 1. You select the one that you're plugged into.

Were you able to do that?

Use the Input button on the Vizio remote to select HDMI 3 (since you said the Roku is connected to HDMI 3).

Do you need further assistance with this please?

10 minutes ago you said you selected HDMI 1 and that your Roku is connected to HDMI 3, I then posted some more steps, but have heard nothing back from you.

DOING GOOD SO FAR

Okay great, that sounds good. Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

HAVING TROUBLE WITH NETWORK PASSWORD

Well I don't know what your Network password ***** that's to do with your router. What problem are you having with it?

Is there anything I can do for you? You had asked how to connect the Roku to your TV and it sounds like you've gotten that part down.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician