Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Remote not working. Changed batteries and dis and

Customer Question
Remote not working...

Remote not working . Changed batteries and dis and reconnected box.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?

About a year. Roku3, model4230x, SN:4E757T070954

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Was watching Netflix with earbuds. Program finished. Tried to go to homepage and next episode started. Also couldn't lower volume. when took out earbuds volume on tv was on even with earbuds plugged into remote

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
7/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

You need to simply "sync" the remote to the Roku box again, which is done by a full power reset of the Roku box.

Shut the TV off, and then unplug the power cord from the back of the Roku for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Turn the TV on and you should then see the Roku letters display on the screen. Once that is done the remote should flash a green light meaning it's "syncing" with the box. You should then be able to use it. Let me know what happens after you try those steps please.

no phone call.

No, no phone call. I'm not sending that offer. Are you able to read my reply on this page with the steps I posted??

Are you able to read my reply on this page with the steps I posted??

tv went to home page. No greenlight. Unable to go to Netflix.
I did as you said.

You said "tv went to home page"- what home page? The TV home page? Or the Roku home page? Can you elaborate?

Roku homepage

Are you able to navigate the Home Page at all with the remote?

Shows hulu, amazon vudu etc.
No

On the back of the Roku box (right beneath the power jack) is a tiny pinhole reset button. Use a paperclip or another sharp object, press and hold that button for 8 seconds and release. The Roku will reset to factory defaults and ask you to set it up from scratch- as if it were new. Let me know if the remote responds when you're trying to set it back up.

Nothing happened

The box didn't reset?

How long have you owned this for- less than a year? Or over a year?

Now its working. Thank you.

Excellent and you're very welcome! You paid the website a deposit to work with me, but I am not actually paid unless you click a positive rating. Could you do that for me please?

Do you need further assistance with this?