Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I HAVE A TV OLD THAT HAS NO LONGER CABLES HDMI BECAUSE OF…

Customer Question
I HAVE A TV...

I HAVE A TV OLD THAT HAS NO LONGER CABLES HDMI BECAUSE OF LIGHTNING, SO I HAVE ORDERED THE ROKU EXPRESS WHICH I HOPE WITH CONNECT WITH MY COMP 2. THE PICTURE AND VIDEO SHOW 2 PLUGS TO PLUG IN. DO THEY COME WITH IT? WHAT DO I PLUG THE OTHER END TO? I AM A VERY SENIOR CITIZEN AND WANT TO WATCH MY NETFLIX MOVIES ON MY TV. TRISH LOVE

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

IT IS A PANASONIC ; ABOUT 50 INCHES AND WAS BOUGHT IN 2007. I HAVE A ROKU 2 WHIH WORKED FINE UNTIL I LOST THE HDMI.IT ISA TH 506px60u.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A couple of years ago it just wouldn"t so when my server tech came out to fix something else he hooked up the Roku to the HDMI which was not available and he told me to get another kind of Roku which I have ordered from Walmart.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?

No, should I get the streaming stick or wait to see if the Roku Express works?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Could you please get me the model number from the back of the tv?

Have you tested anything else on the composite (red/white/yellow) inputs on the tv yet, such as a dvd player?

panasonicTH50px600u; yes play my DVD player all the time

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or call your bank to clear a security hold on your account (the 2nd charge is usually what triggers this, not a problem with the card number/info).

If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,

just write me an answer
send me an answer

I am attempting to do so, please allow me time to send a detailed answer.

send me answer

Again, I'm trying to do so. Please allow me time to respond.

Every time you send another reply, I lose everything I am working on and have to start all over. Give me a moment, please.

Sure,

The issue in the tv is a bad main board, to fully resolve the issue would require replacing that, at a cost which is more than the tv is worth. You'd be better off buying a new tv.

To continue using it, you may do so on the analog (component/composite) inputs, as you have been with the dvd. A roku stick would be of no benefit, as it requires a hdmi port. In your case you'd need the roku express plus. That will come with a composite video connection (red/white/yellow rca cables) which can be used with your panasonic. The regular roku express will not work, it must be the + version: http://amzn.to/2vR5Itp

This has 3 cords on it, which must connect to the Video 1 or Video 2 (red/white/yellow) ports on the back of the tv.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.