Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO ACTIVATE A NEW ROKU 5 TIMES LATER

Customer Question

i HAVE BEEN TRYING TO ACTIVATE A NEW ROKU 5 TIMES LATER HASNT HAPPRN, THEN I WS TOLD TO PUT IN ANOTHER EMAIL ADDRESS SO I DID NOW THEY ARE GIVING ME A NE ACCT AND WANT CHARG,I WANT MY ORIGNAL EMAIL ADDRESS
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: EVERTHING THEY HAVE TOL ME I AM GOING TO HAVE TO PAY TO ACTIVATE BECAUSE I BOUGHT ANOTHER ROKU WHICH IS CALLED ROKU PRIMERE EXPRESS
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: MY OTHER ROKU I HAVE IS A ROKU 3 THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE LAST NITE AND STARED AGAIN THIS MORMING I HAVE TALKED TO 3 DIFFERENT PEOPLE CANT UNDERSTAND THEM ONLY TO SAY ANOTHER19.00 WHICH I AM NOT GOING TO PAY
JA: The Video Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: I WILL TAKE THIS ROKU BACK I HAD NO PROBLEM ACTIVATING MY OTHER ON AND THE COST HE IS COLLECTIN ISNT HIS SEVICE IT IS SOMETHING THAT GOES WITH THOS ROKU I HAVE BEEN WTH ROKU FOR 8 YRS AND NOW I BUY ONE FOR MY OTHER ROOM AND THIS HAPPENS
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: IT STARTED OUT TO TYPE IN CODE I DI THEN IT SAID ENTER PASSWORD ***** DID IT WOULDNT TAKE IT I PUT IN SEVERAL NO THING JUST KEPT SAYIN 6 CHARECTERS I DI THEN IT SAID CALL FOR HELP I DID THEN THEY SAID CHANGE EMAIL ADDRESS I DID NOW IT WONT LET ME HAVE MY ORIGNAL EMAIL BACK EVERYONE I TALK TO SOMEONE THEY DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT ANOW IT IS ALLMESSED UP
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I WANT HIM TO GET THE INTERFERENCE OFF IN THE BACKGROUND SO I CAN HEAR HIM AND NOT TALK SO FAST BECAUSE I CAN T UNDERSTAND HI ENGLISHH
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the exact message you get when it fails to activate?

Please let me know

Thank you