AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 10 years of electronics support and software development.
57442719

How do I eliminate the sub titles on the screen? I don't

Customer Question

How do I eliminate the sub titles on the screen? I don't want to see the written speech
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Roku Ultra and is brand new
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Someone else just installed it Friday and it was on the screen from the beginning
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  AnswersByEric replied 3 months ago.

Hey there, my name is ***** ***** I will personally be assisting you today! I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible.

Please give me a moment to review your posted question.

Alright, you have a new Roku and the subtitles are on since you installed it? Can I ask, do the subtitles stay on for every app/channel you watch on the Roku?

If the subtitles stay on all the time, then follow the steps below to turn them off :) Please keep in mind the only way the site credits me with assisting you is if you rate my service to you, so please take 2 seconds to do so. If for ANY reason you feel my service has not been anything but excellent, please let me know before rating :)

1. Press the Home Button on your remote to open the main screen.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. To open the captions menu, select Accessibility. If Accessibility is not listed, select Captions.
  4. Select Captions mode and choose when captions appear.
    • Off – captions never appear